So in mid-December I posted my top ten favorite albums from last year. Well, I may have jumped the gun a bit. Since that posting I have listened to a couple more albums from 2008, and realized that they should definitely be included on the list. So, here is my revised list of the best albums of last year. An asterisk by the name indicates that it is a new entry.
Honorable Mention: Lordi - Deadache (song: "Bite It Like a Bulldog," performed on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I think half the audience was confused, and the other half was scared!)
10. Into Eternity - The Incurable Tragedy (song: "Time Immemorial")
9. Sister Sin - Switchblade Serenades (song: "On Parole." The singer would have been featured in my Hottest Women of Heavy Metal: Part Deux post had I known about this band at the time)
8. Warbringer - War Without End (song: "Combat Shock")
7. Moonspell - Night Eternal* (song: "Scorpion Flower")
6. Circle II Circle - Delusions of Grandeur* (song: "So Many Reasons")
5. Extreme - Saudades de Rock (song: "Star")
4. Protest the Hero - Fortress* (song: "Bloodmeat") Something interesting about this band. From their Wikipedia page: "The Protest line-up has stayed the same since the band formed in 1999, when they were just 12 years old." That these kids, who are about 21 or 22 now, can make such great music is amazing.
3. Buckcherry - Black Butterfly (song: "Too Drunk..." Too drunk to what, you ask? Well, you'll just have to hear the song to find out)
2. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog soundtrack (song: "On the Rise." Haven't seen Dr. Horrible yet? Click here.)
1. Serenity - Fallen Sanctuary (song: "Velatum")
Podcasts for the Picky Historian
44 minutes ago