December 16, 2008

Top Ten Albums of 2008

Like last year, I have decided to give a list of what I consider to be the best albums of the past year. No, I don't expect any of you to like them (except my #2, which I KNOW most of you like), or watch any of the videos, but maybe you will. Stranger things have happened, right?

Honorable Mention: In Flames - A Sense of Purpose (song: "The Mirror's Truth")


10. Metallica - Death Magnetic (song: "That Was Just Your Life")


9. Opeth - Watershed (song: "Porcelain Heart")


8. Lordi - Deadache (song: "Bite It Like a Bulldog," performed on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. I think half the audience was confused, and the other half was scared!)


7. Into Eternity - The Incurable Tragedy (song: "Time Immemorial")


6. Sister Sin - Switchblade Serenades (song: "On Parole." The singer would have been featured in my Hottest Women of Heavy Metal: Part Deux post had I known about this band at the time)


5. Warbringer - War Without End (song: "Combat Shock")


4. Extreme - Saudades de Rock (song: "Star")


3. Buckcherry - Black Butterfly (song: "Too Drunk..." Too drunk to what, you ask? Well, you'll just have to hear the song to find out)


2. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog soundtrack (song: "On the Rise." Haven't seen Dr. Horrible yet? Click here.)


1. Serenity - Fallen Sanctuary (song: "Velatum")

No comments:

Post a Comment