September 11, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again

A time for optimism, where hope springs eternal, and other flowery nonsense that I can't come up with right now. Of course, I'm talking about only one thing...

FOOTBALL!!!

The NFL season kicked off last night, as the Pittsburgh Steelers (grr) defeated the Tennessee Titans in overtime. I was at work, so I missed the game. But I can't wait until Sunday, when I can watch the 10:00 games, then miss the 1:00 games because I have to be at work at 4:00. The Seahawks, unfortunately, are playing at 1, but I plan to tape the game (not on DVR. I'm going old school with my VHS!) and watch it when I get home, which should be around 12:30 Monday morning. Trying to keep people from letting me know who won will be a challenge, but here's hoping.

Anyway, to do something different this year, I've decided to pick the winners of each division, plus the two wild card teams. I'm not going to predict the playoffs or the Super Bowl. I'll wait until the regular season is over to do that. So, I'll check back in a couple of months to see how good my prognosticating skills are. Here we go.

AFC East
1. New England Patriots
2. Miami Dolphins
3. New York Jets
4. Buffalo Bills

AFC North
1. Baltimore Ravens
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (grr)
3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Cleveland Browns

AFC South
1. Tennessee Titans
2. Indianapolis Colts
3. Houston Texans
4. Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC West
1. San Diego Chargers
2. Kansas City Chiefs
3. Denver Broncos
4. Oakland Raiders

AFC Wild Card Teams: Pittsburgh (grr), Miami

NFC East
1. New York Giants
2. Philadelphia Eagles
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Washington Redskins

NFC North
1. Minnesota Vikings
2. Green Bay Packers
3. Chicago Bears
4. Detroit Lions

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. San Francisco 49ers
4. St. Louis Rams

NFC Wild Card Teams: Green Bay, Atlanta

1 comment: