Here are some recently released photos from the new Star Trek prequel. After each photo, I'll tell you what I like and don't like about each picture.
If you can't tell who the characters are, don't talk to me again. Ever.
- The new cast has a fairly similar look to the original cast. They at least look like their 1960s counterparts, particularly Dr. McCoy.
- Simon Pegg!!!
- Uhura. Zoe Saldana is hot!
- They didn't fuck with the uniforms, with the exception of Kirk's black shirt, which apparently will be explained in the film.
- All the characters look good. Except Chekhov. I don't remember his hair being that curly.
- Speaking of Chekhov, what the hell is he even doing in this movie! He wasn't a member of the original crew, and didn't join the cast of the original TV show until later. This, of course, caused a somewhat major scene error in what was otherwise a great sci-fi movie.
- Again, the characters look good. Chris Pine has Kirk's mannerisms and posture down.
- Uh oh, someone's wearing a red uniform! You all know what that means! (If you don't know what that means, don't talk to me again. Ever.)
- Yes, that is the bridge. This movie seems to suffer what many prequels do: despite the fact that the story takes place before the other movies, they have better technology.
- Another complaint about the bridge: why does it look like we just saw a picture of a Star Trek/Tron crossover film?
- Again, the look of the character is solid. Zachary Quinto looks the part.
- Spock is supposed to be unemotional, yet looks very pissed off here.
- He also appears to be strangling Kirk. What's up with that? Now I have to wait until May to find out! Dammit!
Podcasts for the Picky Historian
38 minutes ago